[Home] - [News] - [Features]
- [Help/Support] - [Download]
What is PCB Elegance?
|PCB Elegance is a suite of circuit board design tools for
Windows. Including schematic capture, board layout, and
manufacturing file generation. First released in 1998, it was
proprietary software until 2012, when it was released as open
source software under the GPL.
Now development has started again. See the news
section to find out more.
- Free and open source.
- Easy to learn. The user interface is logical, follows modern
conventions, and is consistent across the different tools.
- Fast zoom and panning with the mouse.
- Able to handle complex designs. 2000+ components, 40000+
traces are no problem. A Pentium motherboard is included as an
- Keyboard shortcuts are listed next to each menu item so may
be learned as you go. They can also be modified.
- Colours of schematic and layout editors can be changed.
Bicoloured patterns are supported in the layout editor.
- Route with online DRC, dynamic rats nest, trace dragging.
- Active schematic select allows selecting groups of layout
components from the schematic editor.
- Edit parameters of multiple components at once.
- Schematic symbol editor allows the creation of complex
schematic symbols quickly. Symbol libraries are included.
- Geometry editor contains wizards for integrated circuits
DIP, SOIC, BGA, etc.
- Context sensitive help.
- Generates gerber output plots.
- ... see the features
list for more.
Last website update